Sole Central has taken a number of steps to ensure its customers can shop online and buy its products with confidence. We take privacy and security seriously.
> How do you protect my personal information?
- When providing personal details on this site they are done so using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which provides you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
- SSL is a security technology that is commonly used for encrypting communications between users and e-commerce websites. The SSL protocol encrypts data during the transaction process to prevent eavesdropping and tampering of the data you send and receive.
> How do I know when SSL is being used?
- URLs often begin with “http://” e.g. http://solecentral.com.au
- URLs can go into secure mode, changing to “https://” e.g. https://solecentral.com.au
- Comparing the above URLs you will notice that an “s” has been added to second one. This means that any information about to be typed or shared will be encrypted. At the point where you have to provided your credit card or personal information on our site you will notice the URL uses the “https://” format, providing security and peace of mind.
> Are you PCI Complaint for Credit Card Processing?
- If you want to sell online and accept payments from Visa and MasterCard your software, hosting and credit card processing companies needs to be Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant.
- The PCI Data Security Standard is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card and debit card information. Sole Central hosts their site and uses a credit card processing company who are both certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant.
> Do you store my credit card number?
- Sole Central does not store your credit card number on their website. When you provide your credit card is it done so on a secure page and this information is encrypted and passed directly to the credit card processing company who are a certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant firm.
- They review the request and advise us if the purchase has been accepted or decline.
> Do you share or sell my information?
- We don't like it when someone gives away our personal information and we're pretty sure you feel the same way. Therefore we never share or sell any information provided to us.